Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Update Time!

We have had an eventful past few weeks. A couple weekends ago we went up to Grand Prairie for my cousin Thomas' wedding. We also were able to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday there!! We drove to Hinton (just past Jasper) and then continued to Grand Prairie but did it all in one day (12 hr drive) on the way back home. We drove up with Mom and Kevan and it was a good time - I don't mind driving, or should I say sleeping... I did nap a lot and well, didn't even drive :)

When we returned home from Grand Prairie we had VBS at our church, with a "High Seas" theme. I was a leader of a crew of 5 year olds, so that was fun. All the kids seemed to have a lot of fun :)

Then just after VBS week Lucas and I celebrated our 1st anniversary!! We had to celebrate the day before because we had a youth event at splashdown that day, so Friday we spent the afternoon at Stanley Park. We biked around, went to the Aquarium, napped on the beach, and went for dinner at Cardero's (a restaurant in Coal Harbor).

Now it's time to get back to normal somewhat, but I hope not too normal because it is summer after all! We are looking forward to a visit from the Thompson's next week and camping and a Seahawks game in August.

Here's a few pictures and I will have more on the way! 


1 comment:

  1. You were in Grande Prairie????? You HAVE to tell us that next time. We are only a 2 hour drive away from there! We would have totally come to see you and done a day trip there. We are coming to Langley at the beginning of Sep though so maybe we can get together then.

    ReplyDelete