Friday, July 2, 2010

They Named The Grouse Grind Well!





On Wednesday Tracy, Mel, Amy and I went and did the grouse grind. And a grind it was! Here are some stats on the Grouse Grind Hike:
Length:  2.9 kilometres (1.8 miles)
 Elevation Gain:  853 metres (2,800 feet)
        - Base: 274 metres above sea level (900 feet)
        - Summit: 1,127 metres (3,700 feet)
        - Total Stairs: 2,830
It was a challenge and when I got to the half way mark, I felt like I should be at the top already! hehe! As I was hiking I was thinking, I am going to be SORE tomorrow! Yet, both Tracy and I are not, still 2 days later! Yay! And I'm assuming Mel and Amy aren't either who zipped up in 50 minutes. Tracy and I took a little longer but still beat the average time of 1.5 hours. Once you get to the top you can take the tram down! I would never want to walk down because it is very steep and you would be going against the grain of people. Sorry I couldn't get any good pictures of the view on my point and shoot - I wasn't going to haul up our DSLR :)
































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys conquered the mountain! Tracy was quite proud of her accomplishment, but says she is in no hurry to ever do it again! :-) I think I'll just take the tram up to see the views.

    ReplyDelete